Friday, July 11, 2008



This is the enclosure we made to keep the mosquito's out it's 9 meters x 16 meters or 18ft x 48ft
it's not quite finished yet we have an arch that goes on top of the posts near the pool and some nice steps to make it easy to get in and easy to attach a kiddy proof gate to and you might notice te new rain water pipes? I'm also replaceing all the guttering and running it o the new tanks but I'll be back to he first project soon cause I'm running out of time as the new life draws closer :)

9 comments:

Whalelight said...

From a pile of lumber to that in only 11 days? Wow, you're very skilled! What are those satellite looking things scattered around?

Unknown said...

Wowo! Impressive! Is that a cow back there?

theicebunny said...

lol no it's a pain quarter horse
I was a freelance satellite tech and I played around with a few dishes at home we have seven at the moment from 3ft to 9ft diameter
and have been an upholsterer for about 1 years I was able to sew the roof and build the frame without to much trouble :)

theicebunny said...

oops that should be a paint quarter horse and 16 years as an upholsterer :)

YMS said...

Interesting project! (Thought I spotted a horse in the background...)

kimbomac said...

You must have some fearsome mosquitos to go to that kind of trouble over your whole backyard! Well, it is bigger than our backyard, so I figger it's probably a good portion of the backyard you use, if you bothered to go to that kind of trouble! Do the mozzies threaten to carry people away so that simple sprays are not good enough!?!

theicebunny said...

We are on 80 acres so it's just our pool area and my wife and kids don't like the little bastards I personaly don't get bitten ever :)and we also get a lot of bees come through at different time too

Julia said...

Awesome enclosure. That pool looks inviting :)

learn2swim96 said...

You are certainly handy. Mind coming over, I've got a few chores that need getting done. :D

I can completely feel their pain, when I walk outside it's as though the dinner bell rang and the little stinkers all swarm. You did a great job capturing the area in the photo.